Monday, March 21, 2016

A song of regret

A vivid image painted in the horizon the dancing lights of an aurora
 The requiem of a tranquil breeze in the airs of spring
winter has ended and thus another year has come to pass
Not a day goes by where I can't stop myself from wondering
What if? and then it fills me with a feeling of remorse the horrible
ichor of jealous and I ask my self why? was it only because
I had done nothing was it because all I could do was nothing
 and with that my shield cracks and slowly my armor chips and fills
with faults as it gradually withers and weakens to nothingness
How long before it gives way and when it does will I feel
sorrow, remorse, or guilt perhaps only because maybe there was
something I could have done maybe should have done
and it fills me with great regret so what will become of this shell
that resembles me yet isn't and I ask who is it that I have become
when I look into the mirror who is it that truly looks back at me?
Am I real anymore, am I still a good man?
what is gone has long since passed but no longer remains within my grasp
for it has passed and shall always be but a faint memory that has burned
itself into my mind will I be able to sleep again who is it that I see
and then I ask a friend again where is it that I have found myself/woken
Who is it that I see none other than myself oh whoa is this err to see
with plume ink and pen I look at the page before myself to illustrate the path before me
and once more I seek to find myself even as lost as I am
I simply must know who I am and when did I no longer resemble who I was
what has lead me to these changes always forever and so...
I seek to know again why It is so and how I have changed
and so to you I bid thee well and wish for ye a good evening
and may you rest as I cannot or as I may no longer and as it may and as it is
it shall remain a dream

2 comments:

  1. A story of a weary traveler who was lost in a small town within a dense fog and story of their regrets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy, you certainly can write with powerful images and beautiful vocabulary. You write like an avid reader and deep thinker. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete